6 1/2 Acres
Elson’s is a beautiful lake of over 6 acres, incorporating 15 pegs including 2 doubles, this is our main specimen lake with at least 20 different 30lbers all year round, not including the 5 different 40lbers, there is around another 140 fish of which most are over 20lb, also large pike and tench. with depths ranging from 5 to 9ft, This lake is run on a booking system where you book a place but is run on a first come first serve basis, 16 swims are available with a maximum of 12 anglers so dont worry if you are the last angler to turn up you will still have a minimum of 5 swims to choose from. Your session starts at 12pm on the day of arrival and you must be off the lake by 11.45am on the day of departure to book please go to our booking calendar you will be charged £10 per angler per night deposit with the balance payable on arrival.
- No excessive cutting of trees or marginal plants
- Members must be in possession of a current EA Rod License and landing net.
- Members are not permitted to fish on water reserved for a lake bookings.
- Bailiffs have the right to refuse anglers admission to the water.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times when on Stanwick Lakes Fisheries.
- Elson’s and Mallard you must have at least a 42″ landing net and a large unhooking mat.
- The parking of vehicles must be in parking areas provided. Do not cause obstruction by blocking pathways, roadways or gateways.
- All hooks are to be Barbless and only one hook per rod. (with the exception of dead baiting for pike)
- No open fires permitted barbeques may by used off the ground and must be taken home along with any contents. (anybody found in breach of this rule will be told to leave)
- Disabled anglers to be given priority on pegs provided
- A maximum of 3 rods to be used.
- No fixed leads or unsafe rigs.
- All fish to be returned to the lake from which they were caught unless instructed by the bailiff.
- Unhooking mats must be used
- No carp to be retained in keepnets.
- Please note complex closing times
- Please drive slowly and respect other anglers while on the complex
- All particles to be prepared properly, all nuts are banned including tigernuts
- All rubbish must be either taken from the complex, which is preferable, or if you must leave it, please use the bin provided in the main entrance car park.
- Dogs are not allowed at the present time.
- Pike Season runs from Nov 1st till end of Feb
- Baitboats may be used but must be kept in your own swim.
You must have a landing net of not less than 42″ and a large unhooking mat. If you are not in possession of either, you will not be allowed to fish Elson’s.